Thursday, October 9, 2008

the post raya blues

I face this problem every single year. And I'm sure most of you (assuming that you are Malaysian) face this problem too. We eat a lot, especially during festive seasons. We just celebrated Eid / Aidilfitri / Raya and being a true Malaysian, I ate like there's no tomorrow ;P.

Gone are the glorious days that I celebrated my few lost kilos. The fats that I managed to get rid of during the fasting month probably had duplicated itself since the first day of Raya. To think of the yogurt diet that I gone through few weeks before Ramadhan, I feel ashamed of myself now.

The thing is, once we started to eat a lot, it's hard to stop.

I kept telling myself that it is only for the 1st day of Raya. Then it continued to the second and the third. Managed to stretch itself to the fourth Raya too, what the heck, it was the holiday and my tummy deserved a break from food restriction.

And it is now the second week of Raya and I'm bloated like a well fed whale.

So, what do you do in this situation?

Feel sorry for yourself, hate yourself for being a big easy *ha ha* and chow down even more food to ease the pain?

I'm tempted to do that routine. But, I'm getting older and I want to get better as I age. I want to be like the female George Clooney. You know, just like Jennifer Aniston :)

So as from tomorrow (I had to prepare my tummy to be ready, first. It's a sad thing to depart from plenty of food)I will go back to the diet that I think was working quite well for me and it involves a cup of yogurt every single day (to help with the digestion and it also provides plenty of vitamin!). And there'll also be less intake of rice. Although it is kind of uneasy to explain to other teachers in the canteen when I just have my lauk sans the rice,

"What, no rice?"
"Can survive ka?"
"How can you be fulled with just that?"

It's just so tedious to explain to everybody why I ditch the rice every now and then so I usually just nod and smile. I've talked way too much in classes already :)

To readers who are still in the mood for Raya (what with the open house and all), consume food responsibly :P Your tummy had a really nice one month vacation from working endlessly and just like anything, too much of something in one go could cause a breakdown.

And oh, in the spirit of Raya, would love to wish all readers SELAMAT HARI RAYA and MAAF ZAHIR BATIN.

No comments: