Friday, October 17, 2008

It IS The Best Medicine

I read about it couple of times on how it works tremendously well in making you feel better.

What am I talking about?

It is laughter.

Do you know that there are even laughing-yoga-like classes in the States? In that class, you'll learn how to cope with your stress by laughing. Geez. People nowadays even need a lesson on how to laugh.

Anyways,

It hasn't been a great day for me. My immune system is acting funny (I'm feverish) and I realized that I am still fat and still hasn't managed to get rid of the fats that I gained during Raya.

So I have been driving for almost 2 hours while doing some thinking.

And I could literally feel my face developing some wrinkles. I felt old and cranky.

As I was approaching my home, there was this bunch of kids standing at the side of the road. I saw a very strategic cow's poop in the middle of the road and I wanted to avoid it. But, I did not.

So, splat it went.

And I heard one of the kids screamed loudly

"Eek...look at the cow's poop."
They giggled uncontrollably.
And I couldn't help but laughing too.
I couldn't believe that it is relatively easy to make kids laugh.
And I couldn't believe that I felt much better after that.

Guess it's true,
laughter IS the best medicine! And if you can't bring yourself to laugh about something, pretend it. It sounds silly but it actually works. I know, I learned about it from Oprah.

1 comment:

Wahidah said...

yeah....laughter is the best medicine....