Saturday, October 11, 2008

virus / spyware scare?

I was surfing the internet as usual. No new routine, no new website, nothing unusual. But suddenly a pop up appeared and then it just seem to duplicate itself. Really fast. Before I knew it, there were 50++ of them and I got disconnected from my internet service provider. You bet I nearly wet my pants.

I cannot close the pop ups because each time I attempted to do so, it came right back on. And I cannot click the shut down computer from the start menu neither, as well as choosing the CTRL + ALT + DEL. Exactly NOTHING happened. So, what a girl to do?

I switched off the laptop all right, by pressing the on/off button for a few seconds.

When it's right back on and I'm on the internet again, it's just natural to search for an anti spyware installer. So I stumbled upon this site, http://www.filehippo.com/ and there are heaps of installer! Glad I found it because now I know a cool place where I can download beneficial installer :)

I hope I won't get another scare after this. It's not nice to wet your pants on a relaxing, Sunday morning :P

No comments: