Thursday, October 16, 2008

Down With The Craptacular Menu!

One disadvantage of working in school is that you have only one place to go to grab a bite during your brekkie. That is the canteen.

And if the food in the canteen sucks, you just have to bear with it. Or pack your own food from home. But I rarely see that happen. And even if the teachers did pack some food, they will still go to the canteen anyway.

I have no choice but to eat the food that are available in the canteen. It's not worth the energy, time and money to prepare my own food.

So it's pretty heartbreaking to see the same ol same ol menu every time I go there! It's always the same. I can practically name the menu that they will serve each day. I can even tell the taste, in details.

I feel like starting a strike. Down with the craptacular menu!

But I'm afraid I'm gonna be alone, claiming my right as a customer, to be served with more taste bud-challenging menu. The thing is, the food would always be sold out by noon.

Gah.

I wish the school would adopt the survey technique in hope of being better. Better education, better surrounding and most importantly, better food.

I would gladly volunteer to create the survey form.

And I know what my personal respond would be.

It's not that I want to sack the kakak who runs the canteen. It's just that I hope, by doing so, she could offer a better service (and of course, a better menu too). But it's somewhat like a culture here in Malaysia to keep on going through the dark tunnel, hoping that it will end soon or a light will magically appear. It will not. Unless you do something.

For now I guess I'm gonna have to settle with questioning the teachers to provoke their unsatisfied taste bud.

No comments: