Tuesday, October 5, 2010

LOST

I have a course on writing from today until the 7th of October. I was rather reluctant to go, realising that I WOULD get lost on my way to this place. Bahagian Teknologi Pendidikan Negeri Johor, Skudai.

Though my grandmother's house is in JB, I hardly navigate my way around JB on my own. It has always been straight from Melaka to Taman Pelangi JB. Go straight, don't belok belok. And when I'm at my grandma's house, I would stay quietly in her place, helping out whatever I could until it's time to go back home. Hence the limited knowledge of routes in JB.

So, naturally, I freaked out upon knowing I have a course to attend in Skudai.

Going there alone seems like a disaster.

The two other teachers from Batu Pahat are males and I would rather not hitching a ride with neither of them.

But God has His own way to help people. One of the male teachers could not go and he was replaced with a female teacher whom I once met during a course in Batu Pahat. We got hold of each other's number and my worry dissipated when she agreed to go there with me. I don't mind driving long distance but I need a company when I'm going somewhere alien-ish.

I got hold of a map.

Yet, we got lost on our way to this place.

I solemnly swear, we followed the map EXACTLY, but couldn't find Skudai Parade anywhere in our sight right after the Skudai Exit.

We probably were too engaged in our conversation. Ngeh ngeh :-P

But thanks heaps to that adik in Petronas Petrol Station, we were able to find Skudai Parade.

Not lost anymore. And there's no way I'm driving around here all the while we are here. The next drive would be going back home on Thursday!

and oh, best of luck to those sitting for PMR. You kids are all in my prayer. Teacher pun nebes gak!

No comments: