Friday, October 22, 2010

sengal like that

I started to sing and dance to the clip on the telly since I was very little. Not quite sure when but my mom recorded a sound clip where we sang to a Richard Mark's Right Here Waiting. I was 4 or probably 5 years old. Each time I saw somebody dances on the telly, I would groove to it. Imitate it. I must be a real pain in the arse and a sight to a sore eye.

If you think it stopped when I hit puberty, you are so wrong. It didn't. In fact, it became worse because I then had a little recruit. My very own brother!

I would forced him to join me memperasankan diri di hadapan television. Astaga. Pengajaran ntah hape hape di situ. Haha.

So it's a little wonder why he won a second place in this dancing competition held at Ayer Keroh's Jusco. He was probably 8. Dah banyak praktis kan, so he had no difficulty in imitating the dancers.

My perasan perasan performance didn't just stop at imitating the dancers or celebs on telly. I also loved to imitate scene from movies. Namely The Lord Of The Rings. I would wrap myself in a blanket and walla, I became Aragorn. Of course, my brother would be my sidekick. We would act out the lines from the movies we watched, along with facial expression that I swear an award winning.

My favourite celebrities that I imitated more frequent than others was Britney Spears. Some of my closest friends actually had the (unfortunate) opportunity to listen to my imitation to Britney during our karaoke sessions. One of the songs that I love to sing was Born To Make You Happy. Izza if you are reading this I'm sure you are doing so with a wide grin on your face haha. Lain kali aku buat lagik, okeh.

You would have probably guess by now that I am into performing. I love attention. Used to and probably still am ;-P So that's why I didn't mind performing on the stage since I was in primary school. And because I'm such a sucker for dancing, that's why I joined a dancing club (CUDZ - Company of Union Dancers) when I was in uni and forced my friends to join too. Sukses di situ ya. Haha. They love to dance to Black Eyed Peas' songs and zaman ituh adelah zaman kegemilangan My humps. Tapi oleh kerana kami ini sengal, kami sneakily recorded some of our dancing practices. Siap buh kamera dalam beg, lepas tuh biar ON. hahahaha. I would have to thank the dance practices for my then slender figure. Sumpah tak pernah se-slim itu. Zaman zaman di Auckland walaupun di manjakan oleh ceklet dan aiskim dan other food yang sedap tahap biadap, tapi those were the days where I was at my slimmest. Zaman sekolah pun tak slim cemtuh. Sekarang nih tengok seluar kotak kotak MNG yang aku beli kat sana, setakat tengok ajelah yang mampu. A few weeks lepas balik Mlesia, memang terus tak muat! Kuang ajo betul.

Back to cerita asal tentang performing perasan perasan, that is probably why I love to watch Glee though I'm not an avid fan of the show. I didn't get to watch all of the episodes but I'm planning to. Someday. Gotta get my hands on em dvds :-)

So I'm ending this post with a song from Glee. A remake of Toxic by my sister, Britney Spears. As what I always told my brother :-

Me : Britney Spears tu kakak aku.


My brother : Bilo maso plak mama beranakkan Britney Spears.


2 comments:

Wahidah said...

teringt aku pernah menari tarian lilin time sekolah rendah ngan ko n teringt kite rapping utk kempen kesihatan dl..hahahah..memories beb

MyNameIsdD said...

kecik kecik dah suke rap. hee. go KRU!