Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I hope it will be as good as the book.


I got hold of Diary Of A Wimpy Kid during a rendezvous with my college mates a few months back. We exchanged gifts with one another and I got the book. I haven't heard of the book before (yeah I'm kinda slow these days when it comes to what's hit and what's not) but as a book worm that I sometimes am (heh heh) I read it as soon as I hit home and I was hooked!

I couldn't put the book down and I thought that the book is really original. Fresh. Exciting to the max. Love it to bits.

The book is about a kid who was forced to write a journal (he refused to call is as diary - it's uncool) by his mom. There's cartoon images along with words describing his days. It's like reading a diary written by a kid who thinks that he's cool but the world is yet to renounce him as one. It tickled my bones.

I bought the second series yesterday at Borders and that chap at the information counter who was being a real efficient worker told me all about the movie that's coming out soon and asked me to check the trailer out.



It's awesome.

I hope the movie will be as good as the book. I laughed out loud and snorted a couple of times while reading the book. I didn't even have a single hard time trying to comprehend the book thus I must say, this book would be loved by all book worms and non book worms too (and even for someone in the middle like me ;-p). It's a real joy to read.


The original release date was April 2nd, 2010, but the release has recently been moved up to March 19th, 2010. I am not sure though if it will hit the Malaysian cinemas at the same time it does in the States.

I can't wait for the movie to come out. If you ever, ever get the chance to read this book (go to the bookstore to have a taste of what it's like) please do. Chances are, you'll be hooked too! :-)

5 comments:

SuperGirl said...

ahhh!!!
cant wait!!!

MyNameIsdD said...

heee. I've got a feeling it'll be awesome, overload with moments that make you go "comelllllll"

HaniRose said...

I love the books - I have all of them, gi mintak dekat cik izza hehe

nurarinab said...

wah..nak carilah!!!mmg tgh cr buku ni..so dis one will b d next one! :)

MyNameIsdD said...

@ Hani : I'm halfway there. 2 more and I'll be complete hee ;-)

@ Arina : Sila beli, Arina. dijamin bes!! :-) Movie dia kuar nnt tgk la tau. Harituh dah tunjuk kat Ammar trailer die nih, Ammar pun smangat nk tgk muvie nih haha tp nk bace buku tuh tak la susah betul nk suh die bace buku ;-p