Wednesday, February 10, 2010

He is proud of his mom.

There's about 35 students in each class and each one has his/her own story. We sometimes get too caught up in our world, we tend to forget that the world does not revolve solely around us.

I'm going to let you take a peek in one of my student's life. Some information has been changed in order to ensure privacy but the rest is all original. Grammar and all.

The person I admire most is my mother. My mother name is Salmah Bt Abu. My mother every day go to work as a security guard school. My mother work at SK Batu Pahat. My mother work place is near my house.

My mother is a good looking woman. She is a smart woman. She has a fair skin and a long hair. She is a not really short woman. Un happy thing, my mother not healthy because she is old.

She is a hardworking woman. She do her work everyday. She never tired to do her work. Beside, she is friendly. She has many friends at place she work.

I admire my mother because she born me. She take care me from I small. Everyday, she cook for me and my sister. She loves me more than her life. I proud to my mother because she is a kind person.

I wish I could show this piece of work to his mom. It is far from perfect, the sentence construction is rather basic for a 14-year-old but bear in mind though that I'm teaching in a suburban area where English is not widely spoken. What I want to show his mom is not how he has done his work, but rather on how proud he is of her and that my friend, is rare for teenagers these days (and sadly, even for adults too. gasp). This is the kind of students that I really wish I could help with all my might to ensure that he succeed in his life. For his kind heart, hard work and good manners, I wish for his happiness and for God to shower his blessings on this kid's life.

Kids like this give me the drive to keep on going and as exhausted as I am each time I'm out of the class after a double period, it pays upon knowing that at least some of them could produce a piece of decent work on their own.

2 comments:

nurarinab said...

wah..sedihkan didi..siap die bangga dgn mak die.syukurlah ade lg anak yg mcm ni zaman skrg..mntk2 smpi die bsr die mcm ni kan..

MyNameIsdD said...

kalo tgk gaye die skg rasenye die akan membesar dan membahagiekan mak dia :-). Hopefully. I make marking a real personal deal. Siap ade tulis this on one of the page of his book;

"Good attempt, Mohd B. Abdul (nama tipu hee),
Work hard and be sure to make your mom proud of you one day. Good luck"