Sunday, June 7, 2009

makes you ponder

It's Sunday today and most people would have to go back to work tomorrow (if you're not, I guess that makes you abnormal? ekks. Let's call you special). I'm not going to make you green with envy by stressing how I, the fabulous me who works as an English teacher, who finds constant struggle in making the students realise that it's OK not to understand each English vocabularies because that's what dictionaries are for and who is still trying to adapt to working lifestyle (it's an everyday battle!), is on 2 weeks uber awesome holidays and tomorrow is a no-work-let's play day for me, again :P I know how stressful Sundays can be because at the back of our mind, there's this thought of another week of war at work that's gonna start tomorrow. I hear that laughter is the best medicine, even for fatal diseases. Perhaps, it lightens the misery? Even cracking a smile could put a dampen mood at rest and makes you feel better. So I am here trying to feed you some food for your funny bones (not that bones could eat, but I love to create new idioms and pharal verbs. You should listen to my B. Melayu ones, they are off the hook I tell you!). Sit back and indulge, luves!

  1. If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?
  2. How can 'You're so cool' and 'You're not so hot' be different?
  3. A guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig.
  4. There is no egg in eggplant nor ham in hamburger; neither apple nor pine in pineapple.
  5. English muffins weren't invented in England or French fries in France.
  6. If one goose becomes two geese, why doesn't one moose becomae two meese?
  7. Although the masculine pronouns are he, his and him, we must be grateful for small mercies of the language that the feminine pronouns after 'She' don't become 'Shis' and 'Shim'.
  8. If people from Poland are called "Poles," why aren't people from Holland called "Holes?

No comments: