Monday, December 1, 2008

Dreambox definitely cured the ITCH! :)



I really love karaoke-ing. Ever since I was introduced to GreenBox / RedBox last year, I've been hooked. Head over heels, madly in love. Shame there wasn't any in Melaka.

Not for long :)

In the middle of this year, my gal pals and I discovered this kinda oh-kay karaoke place. It's GoGo Karaoke, pardon the name, I know it sounds silly but the location is not. It is nicely located at the end of a jetty, where you could take a free buggy ride to go there. After all, you need to save up the energy to sing your heart out later.

But it did not take us long to find out that the service is rather lukewarm, to the border of being cold. The rooms can be dirty at times and don't get me started on the sound system and the song selection. So, it was basically down with GoGo.

The lacking of karaoke place in Melaka was seriously hazardous to my mental's & wallet's health. I could go to KL just to hog the mic at Red Box Low Yatt. I had to, otherwise I might end up with days of itchy throats (huh?)

So imagine how overjoyed I was when I discovered DreamBox, which I could call the fraternity brother of Redbox/Greenbox. A little bit overpriced though (costs us 40++ which includes free buffet + 2 drinnks and 3 hours of karaoke session) but, the room, the service, and the sound system is simply heavenly. The song selection doesn't rock as Redbox/Greenbox does but as long as there is Avril's Losing Grip that I could scream out loud to, hey it's fine with me :)



There is a promotion for the month of December, and my throat is itching (??!) again. Might tag my brother along with me, he does not sing, so I could have the mic all for my own. He could have the buffet, I don't mind.

If you are interested in a singing session at Dreambox, go to Dataran Pahlawan Mall, it is located at level 4, below GSC, above Carrefour. It's relatively cheap in December and gosh, I wanna go there agaiiiiiin!

P/S - I really enjoyed spending time with my three bestest-childhood-friends. Thanks for making my Sunday nite a happy, happy one! I needed it badly :) And girls, I want all the pics pwissss~~~

7 comments:

Wahidah said...

enjoyable...have a great moment...mn gmbr yg len wei...

HuiHui said...

how was it?
nice?

MyNameIsdD said...

HuiHui - It's nice! But quite expensive, though. However, there's a promotion going on there for this month and the prices are quite reasonable! The regular hour slot (1800 to 2300) costs 23++ (for sunday) and this includes 2 drinks / 1 beer + free buffet dinner. Go and have fun there, Hui Hui ! :)

Wahidah - very enjoyable indeed :)) gambar byk kt kamera nana la wedah... kamera aku ada gambar nih aja and another 2 pics of me yg blur haha :D

Wahidah said...

blur vision eik??? huhuhuh

HuiHui said...

thx for ur information.

i wanna go!!!~~~~
my friend said tat the buffets so delicious

MyNameIsdD said...

yes, very delicious! But not too many dessert tho :( nways, this is the number if u wanna call for booking/inquiries etc.

DreamBox Dataran Pahlawan :
06 2922888

Portdy said...

terimakasih cikgu...


now me n my better half dapat hilang gian nak karaoke..

kami selalu g redbox kat jb aje, sejak duk muar boring giles sebab takde tempat yang convenient untuk familiy nak k'oke..

tq again!