Thursday, January 28, 2010

I smell, I hear, I see, I feel.

After attending a course last week about the new component in English literature, I decided that it's time to start teaching my form ones literature.

Before I give them the main dish, there must be an appetizer.

Today I did introduction to literature to get them in the zone and hopefully to stay there throughout this year.

So I asked them to write a poem.

I divided them into groups and gave each group a quarter of a whole mahjong paper (jimat..,jimat..mana dapat claim benda2 nih suma, suma dtg dari purse sendiri oh) and a marker pen.

They are to complete this poem by filling in the blanks with appropriate words that I've taught beforehand.

Today is ....................
I smell ....................
I hear ....................
I see ....................
I feel ....................

Everything went well and so did the presentation from each group. Good activity to ease their shyness away and hopefully they won't be as timid as their seniors when they grow older (budak sekolah nih kalo suh wat presentation memang macam nak menyuruh kucing makan sambal belacan).

And it's the second last group's turn.

This was what they wrote and recited in front of the classroom. Please pardon their grammatical mistakes :-)

Today is Thursday (they pointed at the day written on the whiteboard),
I smell mother is cooking (they did the dreamy, hungry face),
I hear music (followed by jeng jeng jeng in harmony),
I see a beautiful teacher at the morning (all of them pointed at ME! ME! ME! with the word beautiful being read out really loud heh heh heh),
I feel happy. (they smiled cutely)

and I just overwhelmed with joy knowing that my students have learned another very good moral values :- Sucking up makes you get the loudest applaud from the teacher ;-P

2 comments:

Portdy said...

hehehehe cute eh?

MyNameIsdD said...

super cute hehehe. best kalo dpt ngajar budak sek rendah agaknye huhu.