Tuesday, November 18, 2008

GG

Guess what GG is.

Guess.

Keep guessing.

Come on.

You can do better.

I SAID take a guess. Come on, be a sport.

OK, I heard you. You want a clue.

It's a TV show.

Is the lightbulb on now?

If your guess is Gossip Girl, nope, that's not it.

It's a tv show that made its debut well before Gossip Girl. And I had a major crush on one of its actor. Still have a crush on him tho :))

It's GILMORE GIRLS. I'm assuming you've watched it before or at least have heard about it.




I really loved this tv show. I loved it as much as I loved Smallville, if not more. Probably the main reason for the liking is because of the main focus of the show. Mother-daughter relationship that is more often than not, complicated (but fun nevertheless).

Just to brush off some dust that might have been collecting in the brain department about this show, the main characters of this show are Lorelai and Rory. The former is the mother while the latter is the daughter. The mother gave birth at a very young age (16 yrs old) after an incident (you know lah what incident I'm talking about, rite). The mother comes from this affluent family and she is the only child so the parents' hope on her was high. After she got impregnated, conflicts arose between her and her parents and she wanted to break free.

Few years down the road, her daughter (Rory) grew up to be this beautiful and intelligent young girl (played by Alexis Bledel). The mother does not want her to make mistakes in her life that she did when she was younger so the story pretty much went from there onwards.

This show made me goes down the memory lane because I used to watch it back when I was in secondary school up until my early uni years. Besides being a great show with the actors talking reaaaally fast, perhaps it was my favourite too because I associate it with my younger years (damn I sound like an old maid here) when things were a little different.

Anyhoos,
It has been a while since I last watched this show so tonight was kinda special because I got to watch it by chance on tv. I did not know that 8TV is running this show on every Tuesday nite. I think they are running the 6th season but don't take my word for it, I was too busy drooling over Luke *heh heh heh*

Oh yes,
About Luke. He is NOT the crush that I mentioned earlier. It is MILO VENTIMIGLIA (yes, that dude from heroes) who played Jess (Rory's 2nd lover and he is a bad boy, who loves to read ohhhh~). I didn't remember ever having a crush on Luke or drooling over him but I did earlier tonight.

Does this mean that...
Could I be...
getting mature..? (for having a crush on mature guys haha).

Interesting how few years could change your preferences. Come to think about it, yeah, it is fascinating to think about how I used to love to wear jerseys (football jerseys) and not caring about my looks, just to name a few. I can only imagine how I'm gonna be like 5 more years down the road. Preferences might or might not change but one thing for sure, I'm gonna look (a little bit) different. I'm nervous just thinking about the future.

Anyways, back to GG, I adore their theme song "Where You Lead". It is sung by a mother/daughter pair and it is a really sweet song. It has that feel good feeling to it :)

I'm sad that the show has ended. Just what is gonna happen to Rory and Lorelai, next? Haven't had the chance to watch the final episode though, but I have read its synopsis and I think it is a nice ending to this show which has 7 successful seasons under its hat.

No comments: