Monday, February 21, 2011

Latest condition

My husband has to go through medical check up every few months so here's the latest news about his health condition. I've made an entry before about his deteriorating health condition. After years of being diagnosed with diabetes (15 years to be exact), it has been foreseen that all these would occur. It's just a matter of time and how bad.

He would meet the doctors next week after they analyzed his urine and blood but he already got his urine analysis. I have yet to see it but he told me that the uric acid and urea in his urine is now higher than before. Too much uric acid and urea could lead to many problems and you could search the net if you are curious about them. His kidney is now affected due to diabetes and therefore unlike the rest of us who have normal functioning pair of kidneys, his can't filter as well as ours. In order to curb this problem or at least to stop making them worse, he would have to watch what he eats. For an example, he can't take too much milk because although it is good, it could lead to phosphorus in his urine to be high. He should also lay off meat too as it is high in protein and too much of it could strain his kidney. But he is finding it to be difficult to manage his own diet as he is away from me and he usually goes home late so preparing his own meals is almost next to impossible.

We are now hoping not to make his health condition worse and although it could get frustrating at times, we are trying to maintain our composure and be positive. Our chances of having our own kids are quite slim but we are trying not to think too much about it. We leave it in God's hands and we try not to think of the what ifs because it could lead to devastation and could certainly shake our beliefs.

I can't believe that I'm typing this very matter-of-fact-ly and I believe I have gotten a lot stronger than before. Age probably has got to do with this :-) So that's all about my husband's latest condition. I am not good with words and often finding it difficult to explain things that are happening in our lives so hopefully typing about what is up could somehow let you keep track of our lives. I know some close friends are reading this so yes, this entry is done for you :-)

Have a good week, guys.

4 comments:

Eesha said...

Matter-of-fact is good. Composure, even better. But the best thing in this post is that your faith is still as strong as before (dare I say even firmer?).So, keep that positivity going. Don't think too much of the future, God knows that the present is more than a handful as it is and keep us posted!

Your hubbeh and you are in my prayers Dee!Loads of love from me.xoxo

MyNameIsdD said...

thanks dear, sayang eesha! :-*

Wahidah said...

hurm...insyaAllah he will be fine..aku doakan korang sentiasa dlm lindunganNYA...n moga kesihatan ammar akan bertambah baik...be strong k...

MyNameIsdD said...

thank u wedah dearest :-)