Wednesday, February 16, 2011

extra miles

My husband is right now on a plane, off to Bangkok for work. Loneliness suddenly enveloped me and I was not sure why. When I gave myself a minute to think, I realised that it's because this means that he would be milesss away from me. Further than we usually are. He will be back this Friday and I would get to meet him inshaAllah on Saturday, right after school ends (to replace the Tuesday we had off during Chinese New Year) but still, I can't shake off this sudden longing of having him near me (Batu Pahat and KL is just three hours away, not that bad, really), preferably beside me. And I wonder how do people deal with long distance marriage, I mean reallllllly long distance marriage like Hani, a friend of mine whose husband is residing in the States whilst she is currently teaching in Johor. It takes great courage, tenacity and hard work. Hats off to them for staying strong and I foresee a bright future for them and their marriage.

I pray that my husband would have a safe journey and for the meeting to be smooth as planned. I pray that he would not have a tough time there and could take a great care of himself. I hope he would remember to watch what he consumes as he is diabetic with some complications to boot. Gosh I wish I could be his personal assistant who is with him 24/7 but wait, I am his wife cum personal assistant but without a pay of course because I'm doing all that I have to do out of love. Hehe.

A month from now, if God wills everything to be going as planned, we would be on our honeymoon and I can't wait for it :-) It is kinda late, almost 6 months after our do but I'm not complaining. We had to make do with what we had (honeymooning during December last year was impossible due to his work load and lack of holidays - he took too many for raya + our wedding :-p and the budget was really tight towards the end of last year too). So, Alhamdulillah that we managed to squeeze this in ^_^

I forgot to ask him how long would his flight be but I'm guessing it would take between 1-2 hrs. Be good fluffy hubby (fluffeh - referring to the minions in despicable me :-p), I'll see you soonish and though it would be nice to see you all smiley and handsome this Saturday, it would be extra nicer to see you have some souvenirs for me too. Thai silk, perhaps? :-p

and tomorrow marks the fifth month of our marriage! :-)

No comments: