Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The arrival of Ramadhan

The time has come again.

It felt (almost) like yesterday my flatmates and I break our fast together (it was my final year as a student, last year), went to bazaar ramadhan (although we did not buy much - restricted by petty budget as students!), had several aerobics sessions hours before the breaking fast time (yes it WAS mighty tiring), performed the tarawih prayer and of course, countless chatting sessions (we do this regardless of the season tho ;p). It was our first Ramadhan in Malaysia after went through it twice overseas (UK, Australia and New Zealand). I shall not give further details on my experience fasting overseas as it deserves another special post (I have heaaaaaps to tell!) and this post here is especially dedicated to my final student year that I have come to miss so much.

Referring to the petty budget matter as above, I can spend more now as I've started to earn my own salary but somehow it feels less fun. It felt more fun to scout for food at the bazaar (our spot was the Kerinchi Bazaar Ramadhan) with your besties with you. And to share food with them when it's finally eating time. And to perform the Tarawih together in our hall. And to sahur (although there's not much - singledom sahur, you know the drill). Those are (some) of the happy times that I miss. We bitched on how we hate last year (the experience of studying abroad made us somewhat bitchier about studying locally -we wanted to complain about EVERYTHING!) But now that I left that place, I really wish that I could turn back time and relive those moments again with my favourite people. I don't really have one here (place where I am posted to).

It is also nice to be with your family during this time of the year. I love to break my fast with my family and to go to the surau with my mother. Ramadhan makes me feel extra nostalgic. But I suppose it's not that bad to be alone (only during weekdays because I go back every weekend - regardless of the fuel's price ;p) at least I get to spend some ME time and perhaps, I could improve on the piety section, too!

Salam Ramadhan, all. Hope you'll have a good one with His blessings showering on all of us at all times. And remember, behave ;)

P/S - Just a bit off topic, yupp, I went to Avril's concert! It was pop alright and I had lotsa fun with my gal pal. Will post about it later!

No comments: