Friday, January 27, 2012

do you BB?

BB here refers to BB cream :)

I am the kind of person who loves to get her face done before going out. This was done quite excessively (hehe) when I was younger. Early and mid 20s.

Now that I am married, I often have to take into consideration on how long the other party is willing to wait for me :P

Not that long I reckon.

So this is where BB cream comes in handy for me.

I started using BB cream sometime in 2009. I used to be a sucker for anything Korean (now I've recovered) so when the BB cream wave hit the world, of course, I have to be part of it too. Naturally.

BB cream is like an all in one tinted moisturizer. Gives natural looking coverage with heaps of benefits (sun protection, heal the blemishes, and the likes). Truth be told, after years of using it, I don't really notice the healing of blemishes but I continue to use it because it seems to be faster than the usual foundation and I also love the fact that it looks natural, far from being cake-y.

What I did normally (and this routine would take me less than 5 mins) are :

1. Squeeze an adequate amount onto my palm (I only need about the size of 10 cents coin but this differs - according to brands)

2. Dot it all over my face.

3. Blend.

4. Extra dots and blending (by patting) on troubled areas.

5. With a bit of eyeliner, mascara and a lipgloss, I'm done. And oh, face powder too to set everything right. Hehe.

Easy peasy. And it works wonder. So that's why I have long ditched the normal foundation.

I have only used 3 products (the full size tube) and some samples which brands and types I've forgotten.

But those 3 are :

1. Dr G (or also known as Gowoonsesang) Brightening Balm.
2. Missha M vita BB Cream.
3. Etude House BB Magic cream.

And my favourite is definitely the one by Dr G, followed closely by Etude Magic. The former needs only a little dollop for each use while the latter needs a tad more. I bought Dr G at Sasa and I'd need to go there soon to get me a new tube. The other two brands can be bought at their own outlets.

I could see many brands producing BB cream nowadays and since I've found the one that works for me, I'd rather not try other brands.

Before purchasing a tube of BB cream perhaps it's wise to ask for a sample so that you know whether it will be suitable for your skin. Or perhaps, just tell the Sale Assistant your skin condition and she would be able to find the one that works well for your complexion. Skin changes as we age and sometimes, it also changes according to humidity and weather so you might like to have a few choices as a back up. There are also people who use different BB cream for day and night. It all falls back to what works well for you :)

So, do you BB?

2 comments:

Aida Ikmal said...

ur right about the part not time consuming tu.. rasa extra cantek kottt bila pakai BB haha (mostly coz my skin texture improved)

aku pki brand maybelline.. eh ada beza ke dgn korean products yg ko biasa guna?

MyNameIsdD said...

aku tak pernah try maybelline tu aida..tp if it works for you, teruskan guna aje. i found what works for me, malas da nk try yg lain2 kecuali kalo sample. hehehehe.