Thursday, May 5, 2011

vanilla

Last long weekend, our school held a trip to Langkawi which was joined by many teachers and a few students (hehe). I didn't join as there were a couple of weddings both husband and I wanted to attend. On Friday right before the long weekend begins, as I was teaching right in front and explaining them about forming plural nouns, those who were going to Langkawi had a briefing and for a brief moment, it interrupted my lesson. A student was called out for the briefing.

I quickly blurted out

"Hah, nak pegi Langkawi ye. Jangan lupa beli saye ole ole!! Saya suke ceklet!" and the class roared with laughter probably because of my expression which I think would be akin to those kepoh makciks you would always see in Malay dramas. I am animated to begin with. Heh.

The long weekend went by.

On Wednesday, right before I started teaching and while I was waiting for these rascals (hah!) to settle down, that aforementioned students came to the teacher's desk in front of the class and place a small bag that you always get from wedding ceremonies, on the table. I asked him what it was and he just smiled a sheepish smile.

When I went inside the staff room and sat on my place, I had a look at what's inside the bag (which was wrapped with newspaper) and voilĂ , there's a big bar of vanilla marble chocolate there by Cadbury. The one where there's a soft filling in the centre of the chocolate. I was quickly reminded about the incident on last Friday.

Alamak. Did this boy bought it out of fear?

I went to see him the next day to ensure that he didn't buy if out of fear and that I was just playing by asking him to buy me souvenirs. And he replied with;

Ikhlas la teacher :-)

Phew.

I will definitely savour that chocolate.

Students - although some of them could really drive you against the wall, there are a few who definitely could put a smile on your face in a way sometimes you can't possibly imagine.

No comments: