Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The end has no end.


......So, this is how it looks like on the website if you get a positive result. And with it, comes an avalanche of emotions :- happiness, sadness and anxiety. Upon looking at the result, I was ecstatic beyond words, I felt like jumping, hopping around, like a rabbit going mental. I went to school and the first person that I broke the news to was Kak Wawa, a colleague of mine who started teaching in Semerah at the same time as I did. We shared many things together. How inexperienced we were, how frustrated we got sometimes with some of the things at school and of course, some other good news too along our journey. She got teared up as she heard the news.

And the news later spread like wild fire. I got congratulated from my left, right and center. As my days were numbered, I worked like a hamster on wheels, trying to complete what I must. I didn't had time to pack my stuff (which magically seemed to have multiply itself after 3 years and a half in Batu Pahat) and my mind was divided into many many little compartments, each dealing with different issues.

My students' jaw nearly dropped as I told them the news, one even had the nerve to tell me, "Alaa...suruhla suami teacher transfer ke Batu Pahat". I could only smile. If only it is that easy.

The teachers had a pot luck on Friday, celebrating my transfer. It was initiated by my colleagues who are close to me and although they tried to keep this celebration from me, it was to no avail. Something big like that and which involved all the other teachers is really hard to keep as a secret. My class (2 Seroja) held a small party for me, and the day before it, they INSISTED on me entering the class earlier than I should. Haha. I was so touched when I saw the two cakes on the table in the middle of the class, complete with candles being lit. Alamak. And all the boys were so cooperative, trying to help the girls, I was choking for words.

As I walked out from the class, the girls cried bucket but I managed to maintain my composure. I really enjoy teaching all of my students this year, both high achievers and the weaker ones. I will surely miss them heaps.

And then the makan continued in the staff room. I cut a cake given by all the Chinese teachers, and I will miss them sorely. They had been very friendly to me, always giving advises and helped me countless times. We always converse in English and they always made me feel like I am their little sister. They even gave me ang pow when I got married!

Before the school ends on Friday, I salam-ed all the teachers, seeking forgiveness for anything that I might have done wrongly, and my tears went streaming down my face when I salam-ed Kak Anis, another English teacher who sat opposite me. I always feel at ease talking and confiding in her. There are many things about her that I admire and yes, I do look up at her as my elder sister. I also cried when I salam-ed Kak Ila, the head of English department. I may never find another who I would be working comfortably with, like I did with her and the rest of the English teachers. Heck, I might not even be able to teach English being transferred in the mid year as the timetables are usually fixed by this time of the year :-(

And I will definitely miss my closest colleagues who called themselves "Geng Bas Sekolah". Haha. Some people might take them as being loud but I do think that they are very nice and helpful. And I am so thankful that I got to know them, who made my days in Semerah much nicer :-)

I was indifferent when I packed my things up. My husband would be coming on Saturday in a rented van to bring all my stuff back to Melaka and I was working full on, like a robot. I surprised myself with the ability to pack EVERY single thing, unscrew some furniture and actually had the heart to throw away bundles of stuff.

Nevertheless, suffice to say, that I am glad we managed to reach Melaka, looking at how the van was almost bursting with things.

And right now, as I am having my sweet time enjoying the 2 weeks off from school, I have been religiously checking out mudah.com as well as iproperty.com for our next official crib :-) I am looking forward for it, to finally be able to call a place as our home. A haven for the just the two of us. Although it would cost us a lot and we might have to survive on bread and water for every single day (God forbid I sure hope we won't!), it's okay because we would be doing it together.

So that's about it. Please do pray that we would be able to go through this house hunting smoothly and I would have a pleasant experience working at the new school. It was scary when I first took a look at it. My stomach twisted in the most uncomfortable way as I saw the environment surrounding the school, having the idea of the kind of students who enrolled in that school. But things happen for a reason and as an adult that I am, I say, bring it ON.

4 comments:

Hani Johari-Blythe said...

congrats again dd =) nothing feels better than being by your husband's side! And of course hunting for first house will be a lo of fun - definitely beats buying stuff 'together' virtually haha Good luck with everything! So happy for ya!

MyNameIsdD said...

mekaseh Hani!!! Hopefully that visa thingy process will go smoothly as planned for you :-)Hugsss

Wahidah said...

tahniah diyana...n all the best ...selamat mencari umah dgn jayanyaa kawan..:)

MyNameIsdD said...

mekaseh dear :-)