Friday, September 25, 2009

fancy some baba nyonya's ?

I've been to Jonker Walk for several times, to enjoy the environment and also the food. It is famous for its varieties of kuih tat and also baba nyonya's delicacies. I have this one particular kedai makan that I really adore. Their food are tasty and the best part is, they are inexpensive :) The tables are limited though so you might have to wait for a couple of minutes before you can have one. But I really do think it's worth the wait.


The name of this shop is 88 living museum. It is along the walk so if you keep your eyes wide open, you'll spot it right on. There's a bullock cart bank in front of the shop.

My recent visit was on 18th September for break fasting with my boyfriend. He's going to Muar while I'm going to JB on the next day for Hari Raya celebration so we decided to spend that Friday together.


We went there early in order to get a place. It was pretty challenging to see other people enjoying their food while you have to wait and just stare at your food until the azan ;p


We had mee rendang nyonya and nasi lemak baba nyonya (for two). The orange coloured gravy in the bowl is to be eaten with the nasi lemak. They are of coconut milk and they tasted really gooood. We also ordered the famous durian cendol. What I like most about this kedai is that they are not stingy when it comes to the quality of the food. The serving of gula melaka is very generous and so does the coconut milk and the durian paste. This kedai makes one of the wicked cendol in the world, I must say. I had an orange + apple + lemon juice for me, to help me fight the guilt for eating way too much fat ;p


And all of this food cost us almost RM20. Almost. I forgot the exact total amount because you have to pay them as soon as you take the food from the people who prepared it right before the entrance of this shop and my bf paid them so I just did a quick mental calculation based on the price on the menu.

I'll be going there again that's for sure :)