Monday, May 11, 2009

bliss!

I was just starting my aerobix routine. Sweating off my fats and trying to burn the calories. Need to shed a few kilos (impossible, kot within this 3 wix time!@) before my rendezvous wit fwens because I'm vain like that. And then it happened. The light went off and so did the fan. Utter darkness and I was alone at the basement. I breathed in the courage that I could gather and went upstairs, asking for matches/lighter from my roomie. She had none. With the dim light from my handphone (of which, has no spotlight on its own so I had to depend on the blue light from the screen), I went to the kitchen and light the candle using the stove. That must had burnt like couples of calories, I reckon, because I was sweating like mad. It felt like... bathing in hot spring in scorchingly hot weather. Of course, I just had to stop the aerobics. I'd rather use up the lappie's batt on going online and getting civilised rather than burning off the fats. I supposed the burning will just have to be postponed until tomorrow. Or until I'm feeling it :P

I went to my room, did a couple of toning exercises altho I was pretty sure that it was kinda useless because I'm gonna need to undergo about 20 mins of cardio before toning (or so I heard) but I did it anyway. I don't wanna feel too guilty. I focused on the contraction of my muscles. I imagined all of them getting crunched up and toned up. Oh, imagination.

The light from the candles swayed gracefully and it kinda got me in the zone for....sleeping. I gave it another 30 mins before I shower. And another 30 mins before I hit the sack. But until then, I was time for organising my wallet, making sure the notes are all neatly kept in order from biggest value to the smallest. With the picture of that dude (I'm still quite uncertain of whose picture that is on our notes) at the right side of the wallet. Organizing one's wallet could take up some time, you know. What with all the treasures that you can find in there. Should we call the ladies' as purse? Ah, screw that. Wallet sounds cooler. And I'm still missing that red wallet of mine which I bought in a new Billabong store at Queen St in Auckland back in 2006. I bought that out of impulse, I think? I was alone and the SA was really nice. And handsome. Heheheh. I was kinda in need of a new wallet, so maybe the timing was perfect. And the wallet was in RED. My ultimate favorite color. This new one is silver. Not bad altho what I was really lemming for was Coach's purse. Why was it more expensive than the handbags? I could only drool when I was in the States. But again, the SA was really super nice. I was like a kid in a candy store altho I was only shopping for friends at that time. Constantly showing my company the stuff that I think suit them but of course, it was pointless to show a guy and ask them to pick between two choices. They'll end up saying "both are really pretty" and snoozes on the couch (yes, the boutique has nice, comfy couches for these sorts of companies. Particularly bored guys). I wanna caress the paper bags going out from their boutique, going into another. It's a bliss living in the States because there are so many good stuff that are way cheaper than their marked up price here. Sigh.

Anyways,
sometimes it is kinda....serene to be living in the most minimal necessities that you can get, no? It must be stress-free to be living yearsss ago where the only source of light at night was lampu pelita. All the kids do their homework before they go off to bed while the momsies accompany the daddies smoking off their cigarettes. No tv that could messes up with the kids' minds and turns us into idiots. Early to bed, early to rise. Their days must've been very productive.

Seeing that it was particularly taking a long time for the electricity to get back on, I decided to shower. What a romantic feeling, showering under a dim light. All that was missing was a bathtub of rose petals and a man. Hehehehe. I had to slather on the lotion under a dim light too. I thought I was destined to sleep early tonight.

But,

I guess not.

The electricity went right back on as I was typing this entry and it was such a relief to see the lappie's batt being recharged. I say, one of my necessities nowadays is my laptop. I'd die out of boredom without it. I have been typing quite aimlessly. What I typed earlier was just random thoughts that had crossed my mind. I am so hyped up about the coming holidays. It is such a bummer though that I'm gonna have to wait for about 3 more weeks before the holidays come. I suppose this is one of the perks of my profession. Long holidays. And if you are not requested to attend courses etc during it, it can be quite a BLISS :) (Aiyo I'd die la if there's no breaks from seeing those rascals' for consecutive weeks).

No comments: