Wednesday, April 8, 2009

the latest craze

I'm quite late in joining in this craze. I intended to do so much earlier but the slow internet connection kinda have set my mood off. Thank goodness that my internet connection nowadays is sorta reliable so I'm taking full advantage of it while it lasts :P

The latest craze I'm talking about is the korean drama Boys Before Flowers. It is identical to Taiwanese drama Meteor Garden and Japan's Hana Yori Dango. Now, don't go and ask me which version is better because they are all special in their own way.


Meteor Garden:


I watched the Taiwanese version back when I just started my tertiary education and it got me crazy over the group F4. Specifically Jerry Yan. I'm not really sure though on whether I fell in love with the Jerry Yan or was it his character as Daominxi. Either way, the F4 sensation was really huge in Malaysia. There were heaps of their posters being sold all over the malls.


Hana Yori Dango:


Next came Hana Yori Dango. With this drama, I was head over heels. The plot is fast, there are many funny moments and all of the actors are very good looking! And I adore the female lead of this drama. She's cute and compared to the other two of those Taiwanese and Korean version, her potrayal of the character is the least annoying :P Did I mention that she is cute? And oh I also absolutely love MatsuJun in this drama. His curly hair is super kawaii and his attitude in this drama made millions of girls watching this drama with dreamy eyes :P I watched this drama over the internet back when I was in New Zealand where the internet connection was awesome.


Boys Before Flowers:


And now, it's Boys Before Flowers. The male actors gained lots and lots of fans due to this drama and suffice to say, this drama is very well received in Korea. It just came to its last episode about 2 weeks ago and from the articles I've read, most fans were happy with its ending as there were speculations over the internet that the ending of this drama would differ greatly from those Taiwanese and Japanese version. Luckily it is a happy ending or I'm sure many fans would literally jump over the edge of a wall somewhere. You know how extreme they can be. I watch this drama via the internet too and am still watching it although it is available on Astro (the KBS channel). But I'm gonna have to wait until I go back home on weekends should I wanna watch it on Astro and even then I would have to fight for the remote control with the household *sigh*. So watching it online is a better resort for me.

Now, the drama has really started to grow on me as well as the actors and the soundtracks. But don't ask me to pick which I like best amongst the three versions because I'm sure I won't be able to. And don't ask me to pick which male leading actors I love most because I want all three of them!! ^o^

2 comments:

Wahidah said...

kalo pesal korean movie ne mmg ko hantu kan..hehehe..tp meteor garden tu aku pun layan gk

MyNameIsdD said...

hahahah.
manelah tau.
kut2 byk layan muvi korea nnt terkahwin dgn mamat korea yg hensem pulak kan :P :P :P