Saturday, April 4, 2009

July 17, 2009.



I was spring cleaning my stuff in my bedroom and as usual, I ended up reading up some bits and stuff. I have (almost) all series of the Harry Potter saga except for Order Of The Phoenix (I borrowed it from the library to read it) and Deathly Hallow (borrowed from my roomie becuz it was too darn expensive over here when it was first released!).

The Half Blood Prince is the one that is very dear to me because of some nostalgic reasons. The book came out when I was in Auckland and I was part of the Half Blood Prince craziness, reserving the book and all that. And even got a Harry Potter cap when I finally got my hands on that book. I spent about 3 days reading that book from page to page (I had to alternate between reading, watching animes on youtube - Bleach was available on Youtube during that time and also eating. heh heh heh). A friend of mine who still hasn't read that book at that time got to know about the most important event in that book in a rather shocking way, haha. He was watching a play by the drama club of the uni and in one of the scene, an actor blabbed about the latest book and told the audience that one of the character died (I shall not name his name here - just in case you are more of the movie fan and you don't want any spoiler), just like that. Suffice to say, he got some pretty deserving boos by the audience. Don't kid around spoilers, I know some people who would literally kill anybody who spoil them the ending / plot of a story. It's like ripping them off the suspense (and fun, too) by telling them beforehand on what's gonna happen.

My brother is more of the HP's movie fan. Tried to talk him through reading the books but he never got around finishing them. We had been planning from way back then to watch The Half Blood Prince which was scheduled to be released on August 2008 but the movie's release date got postponed to July 17th of 2009. There were many speculations about its' delay that I don't know which one is true and which is not. Speculation or not, it is now April and I can't hardly wait for another 3 months to pass me by so that I get to go visit Hogwarts again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love both, books and films, I have read the books 14 times and I don't know how many times I have watched the films : )