Wednesday, July 2, 2008

OLD before time. literally.




It’s so random. Yes, the title. Because I just washed my hair and both of my shampoo and the conditioner smell like mango. Oops, Carlton’s Cosmetics decided to call it ‘balsam’ instead of mere conditioner. And they cost (quite) a fortune, for a shampoo. It was my first exhilarating experience of buying something expensive for my hair. So exhilarating, my heart nearly stopped as I swiped my plastic money and after a feel-good- feeling-because-I-just-bought-something-good-for-myself, I thought to myself, Fuck, I’m not gonna be able to settle my credit card’s payment now. Unless I wanna skip the car loan’s payment. And that is OUT of the question. But let’s forget about these money matters. They never fail in giving you headache and those familiar cold sweats.

I have a dry hair. Thanks to gene inheritance (both sides) I’m starting to have gray hairs too! *(I know,)gasp* And I’m only 24. I used to ask my little brother to yank them, because I hate them and it felt really horrible to be 24 and to have gray hairs. Naturally, for someone who have started earning own money, I went to a beauty products’ shop and immediately bugged the sales assistance. “I’m24IhavegreyhairsandIhatethemverymuchcanyoupleasehelpmegirl?"

The sales girl blinked. I only intended to buy ONE product. Like, a hair tonic or something.

Yes, I bought a hair tonic. Along with a bottle of shampoo and balsam. And they cost me, ahem, VERY near to 300 bucks. I assured myself that it was something that I JUST had to buy. I wouldn’t want to wait until my head is full of gray hairs before I find the solution, would I? (speaking of which, that might takes about 8-10 years, looking at the rather inspiring progress)

Now, it has been a month. Did those products work? I can safely say I’m nearly there. The progress had undergone a downfall and my hair feel smooth and, this is what I like best, it smells of mango~! :)

But, am I WILLING to fork out another 300 bucks when I ran out of them? Oh, well, I’m still thinking about it.!


p/s - darn it, I can't find a picture of CARLTON's hair and scalp tonic! - it's one heck of a lavish indulgence.

oh another p/s - And NO, am in NO way affiliated to the CARTLON"S company. Would be nice to be one of their "I've-tried-it-and-hell-yeah-it-works!" models tho (I love freebies and figured that being a model, you just have to be given free stuff!) - Life's a bitch.

No comments: