Thursday, July 17, 2008

IN THE NAME OF...

I stumbled upon this cool site by chance.

I don’t quite believe that one’s personality is determined by one’s name. If that is true, then we surely would’ve the prison congested with people with the same name, or universities packed with whatever-names-that-means-intelligent. Name is just a name. But it is fun to know what does your name ‘supposed’ to mean once in a while, although knowing about it won’t necessarily change us for the better (or god forbid, worse?) That is what websites such as this is for. To meet our sometimes wimpy wants. And here is the analysis of my name. I shall comment here and there of what’s accurate (or what I think is accurate, anyway *grin*) and what’s rubbish.


You are balanced, orderly, and organized. You like your ducks in a row.
You are powerful and competent, especially in the workplace. (HAHAHA, this would probably be true in like, 5 more years when I get to do something that I actually like ;p)
People can see you as stubborn and headstrong. You definitely have a dominant personality. (and I thought I’m such a good hypocrite).

You tend to be pretty tightly wound. It's easy to get you excited... which can be a good or bad thing.
You have a lot of enthusiasm, but it fades rather quickly. You don't stick with any one thing for very long. (I DO have a short attention span and God knows how long I’ll continue blogging haha)
You have the drive to accomplish a lot in a short amount of time. Your biggest problem is making sure you finish the projects you start (ditto the above. Blame it on the short-attention-span-ness)

You are a free spirit, and you resent anyone who tries to fence you in.
You are unpredictable, adventurous, and always a little surprising.
You may miss out by not settling down, but you're too busy having fun to care. (I blurted a couple of times that I might not want to settle down, but deep down inside, shit, I really do want to start my own family. Damn)

You are usually the best at everything ... you strive for perfection (well I do have my limits. There are times when I don’t even care! :P)
You are confident, authoritative, and aggressive. (only when I’m forced to. Or when the situation asked for it)
You have the classic "Type A" personality (whatever this supposed to mean)

You are very intuitive and wise. You understand the world better than most people.
You also have a very active imagination. You often get carried away with your thoughts (it’s so true it’s creepy ;p)
You are prone to a little paranoia and jealousy. You sometimes go overboard in interpreting signals.(But…it’s also mentioned above there that I am intuitive. Hurm. Now I’m confused! –a confession tho, YES, I get jealous easily)

You are relaxed, chill, and very likely to go with the flow.( I MIGHT appear as relaxed but am actually NOT)
You are light hearted and accepting. You don't get worked up easily.
Well adjusted and incredibly happy, many people wonder what your secret to life is. (The key is to practise hypocrisy. Smile eventho your heart is aching)

You are incredibly wise and perceptive. You have a lot of life experience (this one makes me sounds old ;p)
You are a natural peacemaker, and you are especially good at helping others get along.
But keeping the peace in your own life is not easy. You see things very differently, and it's hard to get you to budge.

You are a very lucky person. Things just always seem to go your way. (Thanks to the Almighty above. Really hope I won’t run out of it)
And because you're so lucky, you don't really have a lot of worries. You just hope for the best in life.
You're sometimes a little guilty of being greedy. Spread your luck around a little to people who need it. (How to spread it? Sneeze and let other catch it?)

You are a seeker of knowledge, and you have learned many things in your life.
You are also a keeper of knowledge - meaning you don't spill secrets or spread gossip. (Gossip makes things 10x times worse than it actually is and that’s why I hate it but everyone is doing it –spreading gossip. You can’t help but to listen to them. No spilling of secrets tho. That’s off limit)
People sometimes think you're snobby or aloof, but you're just too deep in thought to pay attention to them. (Or too deep in daydreaming! LOL)

You are loving, compassionate, and ruled by your feelings. (damn don’t I have a lot to offer? ;p)
You are able to be a foundation for other people... but you still know how to have fun.
Sometimes your emotions weigh you down, but you generally feel free from them. (And yes, a pathetic yes, my emotions always weigh me down and they always play a role in deciding my day – crappy or happy. And that’s why I love companionship, helps me to distract from those negativity)

And that is all. I do have a long name, don't I?

This somehow feels like a therapy session. HAHA.

http://www.blogthings.com/whatsyournameshiddenmeaningquiz/

Go ahead. You know you want to :P

No comments: