Thursday, July 24, 2008

GUESS SHE'S GONNA DO IT AGAIN ;)



She rocked the pop scene at the age of 16. I was 14 at that time (She was born in 1981, which makes me 3 years younger than her but she was born in December..so..) And boy did I adore her. I wanted to be like her. Those dance moves, those innocent eyes, sweet girl-next-door appearance and her fabulous bod. Damn she was hot.

Her songs were cheesy but I liked them anyway. I even bought her cds. Original ones, mind you. And back during those days, an original cd costs around 40 bucks. And I was only a school kid. But who could resist her baby one more time.

Her magic on me started to wear off when I was around 18. And that was also the time when she was not the ‘It’ girl anymore. It was Avril’s time. And I was so into the so called pop punk music, so I ditched Britney’s.

After that, she just went spiralling down. She got married, got it annulled, she became the party girl and decided to chuck her undies. She later found lurvvve with Kevin Federline, of which in my opinion, rocked and shook her world. He rocked it by showering her with the love and affection that she probably had been craving for and she got two adorable kids out of their chaotic relationship. He shook it by the complexity that their matrimony had to go through, because of what he was like and how princess-ly she was. Quite a bad combo but hey isn’t love is blind.

Last year was definitely her year, but not in a good way. The drama was too much and that was what probably caused that dude to cry and beg for others to leave Britney alone on youtube. She was constantly on E!, all for the wrong reasons. And her supposedly to be a comeback performance on MTV awards (the one where she sang gimme more) was a clear-cut fiasco. The fallen of a pop princess became the front page of most tabloids and damn I really thought she would committ suicide during that time.

And that was why I felt relieved to know that she finally allowed some sense to be knocked into her head. Either it came from her family, friends, entourage or probably from the pop princess herself, I don’t really know but what I DO know is that it could be a new beginning of her era again. Come on, break the ice is already a regular on air and I actually really enjoy listening to it (I even have it on my I-pod and it’s one the songs that I must listen to before I doze off)!

And I’ve been hearing a lot about Britney getting better. She even looks better now (just look at the top picture!) And she’s also trying to work things out with Kevin (which is really a good thing for her kids!). So, I, as a former devoted fan of Britney Spears, wish her well and hopefully she’ll be back with killer songs that rock the chart. And for her personal life, hopefully she’ll always be blessed. I miss seeing those fabulous abs. They are an inspiration! ;p

1 comment:

loveurpets said...

lovely britney n avril.hmm.. i love both of them..why avril still not pregnant yet? is she having infertility? reduce 1 kg increase chance of fertility by 15% means she has very high chance of fertility..hee..well we should ask the same question to her this 29th august hee
p/s 29 august 08 avril's concert in merdeka stadium kuala lumpur